Thursday, September 27, 2012

iOS 6 causing WiFi problems for some users


Ever since the release of iOS 6, there have been reports of problems with WiFi. At first it was thought to be limited to the iPhone 5, but then there were reports of problems among users of earlier iPhones as well as iPads. According to CNET, the reports of problems have filled up 93 pages on Apple's discussion forums. And while that sounds like a lot, the article acknowledges that there's not yet any indication of how widespread the issue is, and many users aren't having any problem at all. I upgraded my iPad to iOS 6 and haven't had any problem at home. (I have had problems with the campus WiFi, but I think the culprit in that case is more likely the campus network.) The article notes that when an issue affects some people but not others, that makes it a lot harder to pin down. These sorts of glitches seem to be typical early on, and usually get quickly resolved.


1 comment:

  1. I remember having this issue; it was really annoying being forced to use the new iPad, only in the same room as my wifi router because of the poor range. After looking for a solution to this issue for quite some of time, I was just about to give up, and RMA the iPad. Right when I lost all hope, I came across WIRED magazine and found a review of Pong Research cases, After seeing the great feedback on their products, I bought one and it finally solve the new iPad 3 wifi issues . The back cover has a built-in antenna in between its layers, which redirects and boosts the signals and range, allowing me to getting connected from much further away. I also enjoy a lot the Origami Smart Cover it comes with, which besides providing the classic sleep/awake function, folds and allows you to stand the iPad on 5 different positions.

    ReplyDelete