Saturday, November 10, 2012

iHangy, the unique hanging iPhone case is back with iPhone 5 models

I love technology and am quick to upgrade to the latest gadget. I tell myself that it's a business requirement, both as a writer for iPhone Life Magazine and as a developer of apps. But the truth is, even if I had a different job, I'd be upgrading when each new iPhone came out.



However, there are downsides to such frequent upgrades. Some of my favorite accessories from my iPhone 4S don't work with the iPhone 5. Specifically, my iHangy iPhone necklace relied on the old 30 pin port to connect the phone to a lanyard. I would always got compliments on it, and I missed it once I made the jump to the iPhone 5.


Not only do they let you hang your iPhone in an accessible position, but they have a version with earbuds integrated directly into the necklace, which is a nice touch.



I didn't think a Lightning version would come, but the folks at iHangy came up with a novel way around Apple's new proprietary connector. Instead of trying to connect to the dock, they created a two piece case that includes a slot for their lanyard. The iPhone 5 is encased in a soft silicone shell, which is then squeezed into a hard shell that has the opening for the lanyard.




It takes a bit of effort to get the silicone shell inside the hard shell, so don't plan on swapping cases often. However, this isn't a big problem because the case is protective, slim, comfortable and frankly, beautiful. It reminds me of the new Nokia Windows Phone, with its rounded edges.



Check out the iHangy and their related products. They have a nice selection, and many options and colors for each item.

No comments:

Post a Comment